Friday, August 12, 2011

10 Days Left

The countdown begins: 10 days until Asia. First stop = Seoul, South Korea. Nine months away from home, friends, family, TV, Wells Fargo, Chipotle, cell phone, Lake Minnetonka, concerts, yoga class, The Food Network, my kitchen, Elliott, my car, Gamma Phi, apples…

I have to stop before I get depressed.

As my ‘to do’ list gets shorter, anxiety starts to set in. I no longer have anywhere to channel my nervous energy, so it’s starting to just hang around in my chest. But for now, I guess all I can do is take everything in stride.  I’m not there yet. Nevertheless, I am expecting to lose some sleep over the next few nights. 

This summer has been a blast. Relaxing, creative and satisfying. It was exactly what I needed. It was great to see some extended family from out of town this week. Being with them reminds me of the support network I have always had, but often overlook. And they remind me of who I am. I am lucky to have them. 

Jumping out of my world at home and into the world of homeless travel will be tough for me. Especially now that I have gotten comfortable here. But I realize that I have more than I need for this insane journey. I'm ready to go. At this point, there is nothing more I can do to prepare myself for what lies ahead. I have courage. I’ve just got to have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment